The festive season is one of the busiest times of the year for a lot of companies – especially those in the retail sector.
So it’s particularly important for companies to advertise their products and services to make sure they make the most of the seasonal opportunities.
The following are two main marketing areas that are especially important to target during December:
- Promoting your discounts and offers on the Internet
- Promoting via email campaigns to your existing customers
Advertising Your Discounts on The Internet
Money is tight for a lot of people this year due to the current economic situation. So it’s more important than ever before for companies to create and promote offers and discounts they are running. This is a great way to win new customers and subsequently build a relationship with them during the year/s ahead.
There are many ways to advertise your promotional offers and discounts these days, especially with the popularity of the Internet – here are our top 5 tips:
- Create a landing page on your site dedicated to your offer, e.g. wampit.co.uk/christmas
- Promote the page on the homepage of your website
- Put a link to the offer page in the signature of any forums you participate on, e.g. My Local Forums
- Create a dedicated AdWords campaign (put the actual discount details in the advert)
- Update the advert content on any business directories you advertise on
Using Email to Promote Your Christmas Offers
Email is a great way to communicate with your current customer base. It builds trust and also keeps your business and its products in their mind (so they will consider you for future purchases). Having a Christmas email campaign is an important part of your overall email marketing strategy. Here are our top 5 tips on how to create a great Christmas email campaign:
- Amend your current HTML email with a Christmassy look and feel
- Wish your Customers a Happy Christmas
- Add your seasonal offer at the top of the email (simple text and use a Christmas image)
- Add a big button that will direct them to your site, e.g. ‘Christmas Offer Info’
- Track the performance of your email campaign with a service provider like MailChimp or CampaignMonitor
A little time invested in these two areas will pay dividend to your business, both in terms of building customer loyalty and coupled with generating more customer enquires / revenue.