Wampit® is a free UK business directory offering high quality advert listings for all companies. Simply visit wampit.co.uk to register, and create your free advert listing in minutes.
Wampit® was created by UK entrepreneurs Paul Holland and Adam Purrier who decided to use their wealth of experience gained within the advertising industry to create a new breed of business search engine / directory.
Adam and Paul believe that Internet business advertising is still ‘traditionally old school’ and ‘sales focused’ and wanted to bring in a more modernised approach to online business directories.
Working from offices in London, they decided to create a UK business search engine that is not only at the forefront of the developing online video revolution, but also takes in the ethos of social networking i.e. free rich content such as video and images and live twitter feeds.
Let’s break these down further to explain why Wampit® has focussed primarily on these two areas:
The Online Video Revolution:
- The growth of online video has been unprecedented with the number of videos viewed online in the UK growing nearly 50 per cent year on year (source – comScore).
- Businesses are starting to understand that video is something they now need to consider in their marketing arsenal, as it can be the closest thing they can offer their potential customers to actually being there.
- As with any “new opportunities” businesses such as online video production companies are a growth area charging up to £1000 for a professional business promotional video. Wampit enables you to upload a video for free whether it has been professionally or home produced.
- With the quality of even basic digital camcorders and phones today businesses can make their own video/clip of their products, service, premises and upload it onto their free Wampit advert in minutes.
- The growth of online video is greatly supported by the belief that video increases online conversion rates by up to 300%
The Social Networking Revolution:
- 38 percent of British Internet users now have a social networking site profile which is up from 22 percent in 2007 (source – Ofcom)
- This means that people are not only used to but “expect to” create a profile for free using rich content such as video, images etc.
- Wampit is the first true business search engine that allows you to create your business listing for free using content such as images/video.
- The growth of social networking websites and blogs now account for nearly ten percent of the total time spent on the Internet, exceeding even email, according to a new study released by Nielsen Online.
- 17 per cent of all time spent on the Internet in August took place on either social networking or blogging sites – a 300 per cent increase from the previous year. (source – The Nielsen Company)
- Twitter has also rapidly become the darling of the Internet and approx 19% of Internet users now say they use Twitter or another service to share updates about themselves, or to see updates about others which is an 8% growth since April 09 (source – Pew Research)
- Wampit® is the first UK business directory that enables all businesses to simply create a “live twitter feed” onto their listing to display their latest tweets.
So you can now see why Wampit® has been created for UK businesses, and in summary, it offers quality free business advertising listings that are rich in content and innovative in their design (video/Twitter feeds).
Importantly the Wampit® site is clean and easy to use for businesses and users alike, with no superfluous information or third party advertising. Businesses can register themselves and create their free business advert by completing one, easy to follow registration page. Also, once registered they can log back in at any time to update / amend their details.
Each business that registers also gets their own individual “landing page” which Wampit® automatically submits to major search engines in order to provide further exposure for their listing, as well as drive traffic back to the site.
To find out more about what Wampit.co.uk offers visit: http://www.wampit.co.uk/freebusinessadvertising.aspx
Or just visit the site and create your Free Advert today: http://www.wampit.co.uk/
For further reading and information, please also visit the Wampit® blog comparing and recommending that you also advertise on the top 10 free business advertising directories such as BT Tradespace (British Telecom), Free Index, Thomson Local, Yell.com ( Yell Group / Yellow Pages / Yellow-Advertising ), Scoot and five others…