It’s important for us to keep growing, coupled with providing up-to-date and relevant processes / products. This is in the pursuit of giving our customers the best possible service, and in turn generate quality sales enquiries for their business.
So we’ve been working hard over the last few months reviewing our free and paid-for products on all our global sites against the following criteria:
The great news is that after completing this internal analysis, and also speaking to our customers, we have decided to move some of currently chargeable upgrades into the free advert section – these products are:
- Extra images (up to 3 extra images – previously £2.99)
- Discount Info (scrolling discount text on advert – previously £9.99)
This change means we now provide the most content / features for free when compared to other quality business directories. Please click on the following link to see how we compare to the Top Business Directories in the UK. Our FREE features are now:
- Contacts (Business Name / Address / Phone)
- Map Link (opens address in Google Maps)
- Business Description (massive 3,000 characters)
- TwitterLIVE (shows your live tweets)
- Video (upload a promo business video)
- A unique web page for your business
- Company Logo
- 3 extra images
- Discount Info (a scrolling line of text)
Our chargable upgrades are now:
- Web Link (globe link to your website)
- Priority Status (appear above free listings)
- PDF Upload (attach a brochure / price list)
- My Links (link to your favourie networking sites)
We’re really excited about these changes and have also wrapped them up in a brand new sign-up form that’s easier to complete, and utilises the latest dynamic Web 2.0 technologies.
New Sign-Up Form – Section 2 (Free Advert Content)
All the fields in this section are published on the free advert – we have made the following UX (User Experience) changes to this form:
– Simplified content headings
– Dynamically add / remove images
– Clear ‘hit counter’ information
– Promoted the video option
– Increased the size of the business description fields
– Quick help links on every area of the form (?)
We’ve tested our changes with a selection of our customer base and also canvassed generic opinion from web users.
We’ve also been fortunate to have input and guidance from one of Google’s senior UX expert to make this form ‘best practice’.
New Sign-Up Form – Section 3 (Upgrades)
We love our new upgrades section and think it showcases our best products that increases enquiries for our customers.
Now when you choose a product a very stylish and simple ‘Upgrade Calculator‘ is dynamically displayed.
This change supports our products ‘pick-a-mix‘ design, i.e. upgrades can be quickly added or removed from Section 3 or directly in the Upgrade Calculator by clicking on the red cross.
This process makes it easier to see the true cost of our upgrades, and achieves our 100% transparency goal in terms of our service and prices.
The ‘My Account’ form (the page existing customers use to amend / update their business profiles) has also been updated with this new functionality.
We hope you like our new sign-up and My Account page / functionality as much as we do. Please let us know what you think.
If you are already on Wampit® then you can log into your account management page now and add the new free upgrades to your business profile – simply:
- Visit the Wampit® homepage for your country
- Click on ‘Log In’ and enter your email and password
- The new form will be displayed – select the options in Section 2
If you are new to Wampit® and don’t have your business listed yet then please click on ‘Create FREE Advert‘ button on our homepage – the new form with the enhanced features will be displayed.
But What Do You Think?
So you can see we’re very pleased with the look and functionality of our new account pages – but what do you think?
Please let us know by using the Contact Us on any one of our world sites or add a comment to this blog.